Sunday, April 4, 2010

• Zone conference was really good. It’s like a spiritual rejuvenation. I really appreciated the movie about the Stone Cutter... I have thought about that every time I get tired or discouraged. I need to have that diligence, to find joy when there is no joy to be found.
• I learned a lot at Zone Conference. Especially about power. Missionaries have to power to do many things as long as it pertains to the will of God. And we have to be worth of that and be obedient to be able to use it.
• There is so much potential and the members here are so ready to help us. We are trying really hard to find. We are not quite getting 3 new investigators a week but we are increasing our teaching pool so for us that is great! We know we have the faith to find three; we need to work harder!
• This week we were able to put three people on date for baptism in April.  We have been having good companionship studies, which help when we teach lessons. I have been studying the scriptures, and Preach My Gospel.  Studying the scriptures helps strengthen my testimony, and studying Preach My Gospel helps me learn the scriptures that will be helpful when teaching investigators.
• We had a really good week.  I don't have a lot to specifically report. We are working hard and the area is coming along. One thing that has stood out to me this week that while missions are a lot work and difficult at times, they are a lot of fun.  It is so fun meeting people all the time.  I am having some really great time!
• Thank you for Zone Conference, I love each and every one of them. Zone Conference was amazing as always! Every zone conference always gives me a renewed desire to get out and just get to work. Just to be bold and be excited about the work, so this week has been one of those, lots of good happened in just a few days. We're finding a ton of new potential and really trying to get the potential we know about to start meeting with us. So a lot happened that was good.
• This week was very good. I enjoyed Zone conference a lot. That movie about the stonecutter was very moving, and I could feel how it applied to me when his wife tells him not to go back to Salt Lake, and he tells her that it is his calling. I know that I need to have the same zeal toward my calling (Purpose).
• Things are starting to look a little better! Even though we weren't able to teach as much as we would have liked to, We got a lot of referrals and potentials to check on! I am just glad that I didn't waste time being upset or anything! Lately with anything that has happened if it was bad, like lose and investigator or something, I have always just stayed positive! Usually I would get upset and wonder why, but I really like Elder Wirthlin talk, Come what may and love it. My attitude has changes about lots of things and it has really helped to just keep smiling and keep staying positive despite what things may happen!
• The missionaries are great and they are quick to pick-up on their own mistakes and are always trying to improve their area! It's a good thing when missionaries ask how are things and then you tell them, and they say "Wow we need to fix that!" I love these missionaries and I make sure to let them know that! But things are starting to pickup and I am happy about that! People are starting to find more and put more people on date and things are on the uphill! Alright President well that’s how the week has been and I am really enjoying the mission!!! I just want to keep doing my best and giving it my all! Alright President hope you have a great day and week! Take Care!!!
• Zone Conference was great.  I loved the doctrine of power and authority.  One thing I haven't really thought too much on is the difference between the two.  Understanding that has helped me understand my role a little more.  We have the power to receive revelation for that which we have stewardship over (investigators and finding activities) and the authority to implement that revelation.  We need work in harmony with the keys of the bishops and stake presidents as well.  We can be guided to those seeking the gospel as we call upon the powers of heaven to guide us.  I've seen that this week even.  We'll probably be working on doing FHE's with the members of Midvale North.  I know that there are many in our area ready and waiting to hear the gospel.
• Zone Conference was good.  Chapter 1 has been my favorite chapter my entire mission.  The biggest thing that I took out of it was what you said at the end, "When times get tough, it's your purpose that keeps you going."  I believe that.  I understand what I am supposed to be doing here, and I want to fulfill that purpose.
• Last week was great because we get a lot of referral and one of them is golden. That’s not what really stood out to me but it’s how the Lord prepares people for us to teach here in our area. It’s like what we saw in the movie of the stone cutter he did it no matter what happen because he love his families, but ultimately he love his Father in Heaven. I know that when we do this work because we love our Heavenly Father, there will be a huge different.
• My companion is a hard worker and helps me out on a daily basis. We had a really great experience yesterday; we got a lot of referrals for us to start teaching this week. And we got a referral for somebody who wants to be baptized as soon as possible. It’s crazy how prepared people are in our areas, and just like Elder Snow said back in zone conference, they have always been there, so where were we. And now we’re finding them and the feeling is GREAT! Thank you for all that you do President.
• This week was good, it felt good to be baptizing in the area, the trick is to continue solidifying all our investigators and help them to learn. E. Bednar's training really helped. I have been trying to get the companionship to ask more questions for understanding and to use the book of Mormon more in teaching themselves to learn. It's going well so far.
• We are working hard. I even push myself. lf I was sick last week but we still went out and worked when I was feeling up to par. I loved zone conference and loved talking about our true purpose and power as missionaries I plan on using it to better help my investigators feel and recognize the spirit. I also have continued marking the preach my gospel scriptures and have been working on trying to memorize them.
• Gospel study this week has been good. I've been looking up scriptures on certain topics in Preach My Gospel. I've found new scriptures to use in the lessons, as well as ones I knew about, but found out where they are at. So gospel study is getting better as I've found out what to study on each day. It's amazing to see how much easier it is if I plan what to study the night before.
• Well, our Daily Planning session is improving. It is a lot more meaningful and productive. We are covering things in our Planning session that are important to discuss, that we wouldn't otherwise discuss. So it's going well.

← See "Older Letters" for more!!

.