• Life is good. Conference was absolutely wonderful. It was pretty much the best. I really just felt a lot of confidence during conference, confidence that my mission has been successful and that the Lord will always take care of us. As far as what I learned, one of the biggest things I learned was in President Uchtdorf talk on patience when he mentioned the parable of the two servants, and applied it to treating those we serve with patience and mercy and sometimes giving them a break. It's the first time I'd ever thought of that parable as a principle of leadership, so that meant a lot to me. And now what do i do? Well I guess what I need to do is apply elder christophersons talk and really have solid scripture study and apply Pres. Uchtdorf other talk and be a true representative of Jesus Christ and help people to take care of their needs. Church is true president. Have a great week.
• We are trying to meet the needs of our investigators in our lessons with them and trying to increase the frequency of the lessons to help them prepare even more. We are working through members to get referrals and find new people to teach. We have to potential investigators who have both attended church and want to meet with us. We are just trying to set up appointments with these individuals.
• I learned so much from conference. The one that sticks out the most is the talk by Elder Packer about the role of fathers. A lot of the stories he told applied to me and my dad. My dad was rarely able to do much in the priesthood. It just really hit home for me. It made me realize the role that I will soon have. It opened my eyes so much. Also I am through Alma in the Book of Mormon and have learned so much by reading about the Great War leaders. They trusted God, had unshakeable faith, and consulted Him in everything. I learned that I should do the same since we are in a war with a real adversary. My studies have helped me learn and grow so much. I cannot believe how big of a difference I can see after only a month of my mission. I can't wait to see what other blessings and lessons the Lord has in store for me. I am doing well and don't have any concerns right now.
• I really enjoyed conference. The theme this year of conference seemed to focus a lot on families, I suppose that is what it is all about. Conference helped me to learn that we are on missions to help save families. Recently we have been baptizing a lot, but our teaching has gone way done. WE MUST FIND NEW INVESTIGATORS! There is no option, luckily we have a lot of potential, and I know we will have new investigators this week.
• I am thankful for the Lord's hand in all of this. It seems like we work as hard as we can and then he always just hands us the investigators. We have been so blessed in this area and I can just see the work expanding. At Zone Conference I loved the movie about John Rowe Moyle. I was impressed by his dedication and it inspired me. I learned that much of our purpose has to do with who we become and it just reaffirmed that for me and helped me realize that although we have a lot of success in this mission it isn't about that. I feel like it has been a process for me to learn that even if we had no success numbers-wise that it would still all be worth it. I Love this mission and this work. Thank you for your love and prayers.
• Conference was AWESOME! I had been praying in preparation for it for quite awhile. I was asking what I am to learn from all that has happened. Then in Priesthood President Uchtdorf started speaking and I knew I was about to get my answer. It was patience. I never knew how important patience really was but after hearing his talk i realize it. So that was a neat experience for me. I need to work on being more patient and learning from all my experiences.
• As I briefly mentioned to you, I read Elder Bednar's talk on being quick to observe. I think that that talk was given to us with exceptional timing. I was able to apply the principals taught in it as I listened and observed at Conference. It would be impossible for me to expound on all of the things I learned during Conference, but I can give a summary of how I felt. I can definitely say I learned more fully how it feels to be taught by the spirit. Instead of taking detailed notes on a subject, I listened carefully to the messages trying to be delivered. As I listened, I felt the reality of my Savior's love. What an amazing reality that the Lord has called men to be His mouthpieces. What I plan to do is to constantly strive to live worthily of the Lord's trust. I believe that if I do so, I can be a more effective tool in the Lord's hands.
• Conference was great as always. It had a lot to do with the family it seemed and also the atonement of Christ. All is well.
• I love my mission because serving in Utah has its many advantages. It was such a privilege for me to be in the same room with the Prophet and his twelve apostles. The spirit testified again to my heart that these men were called from God. They truly radiate the love of Christ and his goodness. The greatest desire of my heart is to radiate the Lords love, goodness, and light. I want to be like these men and devote my whole life to the Lord. Elder L. Tom Perry came over to talk to the missionaries and I shook his hand. I was so happy to meet him. I will write a couple of the things that stood out to me from Conference.
The main theme that I received this conference was about strengthening the Home and the Family. I will bullet point parts from different speakers that stood out to me.
* The best teaching that we will ever do will be in the home
* none of our preparation is ever wasted because we will always use it in our homes
* children are a heritage of the Lord
* Strict obedience to the commandments equal blessings "there are no short cuts to God's commandments"
* We need hands that help and save spiritually
* The scriptures enlarge our minds- they help us so we don't for about the past they remind us and help us learn from others
* When the Lord commands we do it
* Obedience to the Lords commandments no matter how trivial
* The only real control in life is self control
* Let will be your reason
* Satan deceives true love and desecrates true love
* Rebuke the enemy by the redeeming of Jesus Christ
* "You are my hands" we are the Lord's hands
* Let the joy of fidelity be the highest as we keep ourselves, our home, family, and society pure.
* Let us lift those around us
* every person we meet is VIP to Heavenly Father!
* Even though we might not look that much, have that much, or know that much we are STILL WORTH A LOT!
* The savior never talked down to the people
* "Be a simply devoted latter day saint"
* The best way to change is to make Jesus Christ our role model
* What would the Lord Jesus Christ have me do? ask ourselves this question through our day and life
* We glory in tribulation because we know that God has many times delivered us
* Never give up turn to the Lord
* Seek the Face of the Lord (love the Lord and our family, Become worthy examples, & bring our children to the Savior)
* "How we disagree is a way that shows who we are"
* Never lose our faith in Jesus Christ!
* HE IS RISEN! JESUS CHRIST LIVES! tell it out with joy
* Be forgiving
* The greatest missionary service, activation, rescue, greatest family history work, greatest family heritage, greatest family legacy will come in our homes!!! We need to rescue our families.
* Distraction does not have to be evil to be destructive
* how we react to difficulties is what matters the most
* The Lords way is the best
* Two men can do anything as long as one is the Lord
• Conference was great. It was an honor to shake an apostle's hand. I learned a lot about priesthood blessings from Elder Oaks. I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf’s talk on love and patience. I really need more patience! I lack patience and so that is what I'm going to be working on. It's not enough to do missionary things. I need to be a Christlike missionary.
• i did love conference at the conference center, the spirit i felt there cannot be denied, i don't remember which of the sessions or who the speaker was but someone talked about how we have now more than ever before and it is so true, that thought has been in my mind since i heard it because it is true. We have the Bible, The Book of Mormon. Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, the Ensign plus the living prophets! i mean can we ask for more?! i noticed that most talks focused on the youth and it made me think of my little brother who is going off the path and the talked gave me so much hope because Heavenly Father knows what’s going on with not just my brother but the youth of the world, they are the future of the church that why they have so many distractions coming at them from every angle but its o.k. because they also have the help of the Lord to overcome all that, and having a good mother like mine lets me know that its o.k. all we can do is never give up and just look forward. My overall feeling from General Conference is gratitude, i have so many wonderful blessings in my life to be grateful for, I’m grateful for the Love of God i feel in my life, he gives me hope, joy, makes me smiles he gives me strength to face and overcome the fiery darts of the evil one..i am so blessed and n\have no reason to complaint about ANYTHING! i always say president that LIFE IS GOOD AND IT'S TO BE ENJOYED.
• Things are going well. Conference was a great experience as always. It was especially great to be able to meet Elder Scott. I learned a great deal. Two talks that stood out to me were given in priesthood by President Uchtdorf and President Eyring they spoke on patience and diligence. I thought I was doing pretty well with patience, however after listening to the talk by Pres. Uchtdorf i realized that I have a lot to work on. The work in the area is going great and we are getting many referrals.
• Conference was great! thank you for the opportunity to attend. I love conference. I will always try to attend conference for the rest of my life. And I mean at the conference center. And I will never miss watching a conference.
• My gospel study continues to make me realize this gospel is a gospel of action. It truly has become the theme of my mission to have righteous desires and hopes that will lead to righteous actions and bringing souls unto Christ.
• Conference was marvelous. I don't know quite were to begin or end because I learned a lot. For the first time I wrote down questions I wanted to answer for conference and they were all answered. It was amazing! Indeed I was taught by the Spirit. I learned a lot about how to help my family because they are struggling. And also how to help my family who aren't members. Again I realized how important we all are to one another in each other’s journey of life. We are placed in people's paths for a reason and people are placed in our paths for a reason. I'm grateful for all the examples I've had growing up, they've shaped me into the person I am. The family is so important and that's how my dad raised me to treasure families. And we have the opportunity here to teach families and to help them get to the temple. It's great; we're teaching the importance of families.
• I was so thankful for the opportunity to hear General Conference this past weekend, especially the Priesthood Session. I felt many of the same feelings there that I had felt during our revelatory experience with Elder Bednar. Many of the questions I had had during the past few weeks were answered during Conference, and I'm so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to be receptive enough to understand how he wants me to act.
• I really loved this general conference. I really enjoyed the first presidency's messages during the priesthood session and also Elder Rasband's talk on missionary assignments. I look forward to being able to study all of the talks in detail when they come out in the ensign.
• I am really grateful the opportunity that I had to attend General Conference. Before, I used think or feel so far to face Prophet and I always watched on the screen but being there and feeling the spirit testified me that this is real. Even though I knew that they speak words of God, when I went there I felt really strong and confirmed me that we are truly living in the dispensation time. Hearing about family relationship and youth, made me think about our investigators and my family. Am I listening to every investigator? Am I being a good example to them? It was not only to families but investigators as well. The spirit I felt was so strong. I wish my people could be here and feel the same thing.
• I always remember a quote I heard from one of the general authorities in the MTC: "Pray as if it all depends on the Lord and work as if it all depends on you." "This work is NOT YOUR WORK, but has EVERYTHING to do with you." So I have been doing my best to live up to that. Daily planning at night is always a good time to reflect on the day, and to prepare for the next. We take full advantage of that time and most of the times end up going over half an hour.
• I really enjoyed General Conference. I loved how there was so much emphasis on the Savior and families. It was definitely what we needed to hear. I also took the time this Easter week to really think about what the Savior did for us. I took some time each morning during personal study and read from 'Jesus the Christ' the chapters that talked about the Savior's last week. I was very impressed. The forces of evil against the Savior that week were immense, but he was in control and conquered all of it. He literally gave Himself. He could have stopped it all, but He sacrificed Himself because He loves us. Studying about how the events of that week panned out and how they fulfilled prophesy in so many ways really increased my testimony of His divinity. I have a testimony more than ever that He lives and that He is our Savior. I hope that I can take what the Prophet and Apostles told us this weekend to heart and keep Him at the foundation of my life.
• i enjoyed conference I really liked elder Holland’s talk about lusting after things and watching our thoughts I like how he said to just run from things or people but to also think and picture the faces of those that care about us. I liked continuing to hear from the general authorities it’s been great.
• One of the first talks that stuck out to her was be Elder Keith B. Mcmullin and how he talked about how in order to receive god’s forgiveness we must first earn it by forgiving those who have injured us. The talks were great and of course Elder Holland was bold and blunt and out there but he did apologize first. And I like how many of the talks were centered on family and the importance we play in each other’s lives as we grow and learn and are tested in this world.
• I love General Conference. It always seems to come at the right time, when I really need that spiritual boost. It was clearly evident that the conference focused around the importance of the youth and strengthening the family. I really enjoyed the talks given in the Priesthood Session. I loved Elder Rasband's talk on the inspiration behind missionary calls. That one hits closest to home obviously. General Conference always gives me a renewed desire to do the work. I studied authority and the doctrine of conferences recently. It helped me to more fully understand the importance and validity of General Conference.
• this week we had a really fun time biking on our bikes and we enjoyed the conference so much. i felled so blessed to go down town to the center Saturday morning, thank you so much for letting me go. i loved every single second of it and it was a WOW experience. i don’t really know what to tell. our investigators are great they feed us all the time and we had atleast 4 dinners yesterday...it was hard to eat...they are so nice to us and i love them all. As i said in the start WOW experience, i don’t really know how to write it or say it...but it was amazing.