• In Doctrine and Covenants 123:17 it says we are to be cheerful in the work then are we able to withstand the powers of the devil. And when we are happy and doing what is right then we have the power of God to lead and guide us in this work.
• When my companon and I white washed into the Kearns South Stake we began doing Family Home Evenings with a less-active family named the Johnsons. The Elders had found them the week before and set up the appointment. Randy was baptized at 8 but never went to church. Robyn I think went to church until her late teens. They had a little boy and a little girl. While we met with them we focused on their 6 year old son, knowing that was probably the best level for the dad as well. They began attending church regularly and he received the Aaronic Priesthood. Since I've been home, Randy received the Melchizedek Priesthood and blessed their new baby boy. On Friday night I was able to attend the sealing of the Johnson family. I cannot describe exactly the joy that I felt as I watched that family be sealed for time and eternity. Randy had tears in his eyes as his children were brought to them. And they all were so happy. (which Robyn always scared me because she looked like she was always annoyed). The Spirit was so strong and my testimony that family can be together forever was strengthened. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much and want us to return to them. And I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's Church with His Priesthood Authority.
• We had tried to put Joe on date in September, but he was very stubborn and hard hearted then. He accepted this committment. We came back for our next lesson last Saturday with the stake president and another fellowshipper from the ward. We taught the Plan of Salvation and Joe was so involved! We had practiced all week on asking questions because that is one of our main goals for this transfer is to be able to ask questions that will really help our lessons be more affective for the investigator. We were both able to ask really great questions. Joe asked how he would go about repenting. His wheels were turning. He also asked about how he could get his sisters work done. At the end of the lesson the stake president told Joe that he felt that he should consider the 14th of February as his baptism date, because there would be no greater way to show his sweetheart how much he loved her than to get baptized. Now this was really amazing because when we started teaching Joe and I began to ask Heavenly Father which date we should extend to him the 13th of February came so clearly. We then told Joe of that experience. Of how I knew that God had told us and the President that the weekend of the 13th was the time for him to get baptized. He nodded his head ,but didnt say anything. Then our fellowshipper Said " Joe I am gonna call you out on some things. I love you, but you havent kept any of the committments the Sisters gave you last week. You havent prayed specifically about the Book of Mormon, or about your baptism date. (we had asked at the beginning of the lesson) You need to repent and do these things this week. Joe I know that your biggest hang up is if Joseph Smith is a Prophet or not" Joe then replied " Actually I have seen enough, read enough, and felt enough that I know that he is now" Woooohooooo!!! Then our fellowshpper preceeded to put Joe on date for the 13th of February. His reply was " Well, I already told me boss that I am gonna get baptized,so I will pray for the 13th" His wife's eyes were as big as saucers!!! It was great! Joe called about 30 minutes later to tell us that he prayed and is gonna get baptized on the 13th. It is great to see this family come together. Joe and Mechelle lost 2 sons a year ago and will be sealed to them when they go to the temple. This is what we are here for. To see families come to the temple. I can’t wait for that time!!!! We were also able to see Matt Jaglowski get the priesthood on Sunday and see his wife Shirley get her first calling.
• This week has been great. I am loving being out here on a mission. we taught 6 lessons my first day and that was a shock but it was so amazing. Teaching is really not nerve bending any more.
• Well this week was great we were able to find some new investigators and we were able to help the investigators that we do have come closer to the gospel and help them understand better the pricipals of the gospel and the things that they have to do to be baptized. We have some amazing investigators right now and we just found a family of 4. They have a lot of questions but they are a great family and are very excited to learn.