Monday, June 14, 2010

• This week has been a good one.  We picked up 3 new investigators, a few of which look really promising.  We picked up a man who has read the entire Book of Mormon and wants to be baptized.  He is awesome.  Unfortunately he is going to be on probation for at least another year.  We have been having great sucess with sharing a spiritual message with everyone.  I feel so much more accomplished at the end of the day, and I feel that the Lord puts people in our paths no matter what their membership status or activity levels who need help because he knows we will share a message with them.  I Love this work and I love the Lord.  Thank you for all your help and your prayers.  You really have been a rescuer in my life.
• My companion has been a great influence on my mission so far. I thank you for the inspiration for putting me with him. He's taught me and and has been an example for working hard and being obedient. I'll do my best to aspire to something higher. I love this mission so far and I'm looking forward to finding more people.
• Gospel study has been good this week. I began reading from John. It is amazing all the things in there that point to this Church as the true church. It was a confirmation to me of the truthfullness of this Church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Personally I'm doing alright. Thank you very much for the Temple Day on Wednesday. When we sang "The Spirit of God" we sounded like a Choir of Angels. The whole of the experience was most edifying and joyful. Thank you for that most precious experience.
• The Members of the church are one of the most important keys to find and bring people into the church. We have faith that we can baptize weekly and have 21 lessons a week with a member.  Preach My Gospel has helped us out with so many things.  We should be having lessons with members with their friends and investigators present. Because the prophets have told us that it is the most effective way to bring people to Christ and to stay active in the church.  I have come to love the people here and really want them to know how important their role is in the church.  They will be responsible for everyone they meet. And I am responsible for them since I know what they are supposed to do.
• We have been teaching more and more by the Spirit I feel and less and less any "wrote" presentation or thing like that.  I have felt the Spirit guiding my words a lot more as I have searched and prayed for it.  It makes a tremendous difference.  We are very excited that we have been able to teach so many lessons the past two weeks and have several appointments scheduled with new investigators later this week so that this continue as some of the people we are currently teaching are getting baptized this weekend.  Our companionship is doing really great.  We are striving to become more obedient (not that we were ever doing anything terrible, but we weren't being the best we could be).  We are trying to do our best at everything we do.  Planning has gone much better as a result and we enjoy doing it.  We still need to work on improving studies everyday and not getting distracted but we are working on it and it is improving slowly by slowly.
• We had a good week.  Thanks for the Temple Day, the Lunch, and the Spanish Meeting with President Mulford.  We had three confirmations and one of my recent converts was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood.  It was a good week but I know that it could have been better. I have been praying and seeking inspiration as to how to better build the area.  I have a plan for this week and I am going to be working under the inspiration of my leaders in the Branch and Ward. We found some really good leads for baptisms we found 3 new investigators two of them are a family.  And actually there is more members of the family the we are going to try to teach them.
• The things I learned in the Temple on Wednesday will stay with me for the rest of my life. Thank you for having a mission Temple day.
• We also found this week a guy named rick, one of the most sincere people that i've ever met in my life. i really hope he progresses. his big thing right now is that he is suuuper busy. but wow he is so sincere. we found him by oyming, specifically what elder park calls "word sniping" haha which is just basically oymming from far away. it was really a miracle. In fact we have made a special effort to oym EVERYBODY in our path this week and other than a couple angry people, it has really been a strengthening experiance, but soo hard. D&C 24:12 is very true, about the lord giving us strength beyond that which is known among men.
• Personal studies are going good.  I've been reading a lot in the New Testament and it blows me away how much it talks about the organization of the church, exactly the way it's run now.  It's incredible.  I recieve quite a bit of revelation as I'm reading it and I love cross-referencing things to the Book of Mormon.  I really love the scriptures and thaye've been helping me get excited about the gospel and how perfect it is.  I'm grateful

← See "Older Letters" for more!!

.