Monday, January 25, 2010

• This zone conference, I took away that it is extremely important to stay grateful, that the places where things happened are important, and that we need to be more passionate and direct in our teaching.   I really liked the break off lesson that spoke about the sacred grove, and a sign that was there which simply said " God the Father, and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in this grove."  We were taught the significance of what they chose not to include on that sign.  It is an amazing event regardless of whatever other details.
• What I learned in the Zone conference was amazing the importance of the sharing the First Vision and testifyng about it, every time I heard the First Vision that day I felt the spirit so strong and keep testifiyng to me that this is true. What I will do is that I will testify of it more boldy not arrogantly but bold to have the spirit and tell people why that moment was so importance because some do know what happen in that moment but they dont know the why which is what is most important why did god and his son Jesus Christ appear to Joseph.
• Reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days has renewed my resolve to share the message it contains with all I see. And the assignment to write 10 reasons why we know Joseph was a prophet of God caused me to sincerely consider my feelings on the subject. What I learned from this previous Zone Conference was just how glorious it is to have a prophet on the earth. As I ponder on what the meaning of a prophet is, I marvel at the fact that Joseph Smith was a literal mouthpiece of the Eternal Father. To me, the fact that Christ would call another prophet to lead and guide us is yet another witness of his boundless love. My renewed conviction I have received from this Conference is to put myself to more sincere study and more frequent prayer about these matters. I've reached the conclusion that if I am going to challenge my investigators to read and pray to discover the reality of our message...I need to have an unshakable, unchangeable testimony of these things.
• Zone cnoference was great. I love going to zone conference and coming out totally pumped to work. I know that as we use the Lord's plan (The Perry Plan) our correlation between us and the wards will increase, and that's how we'll find more. I loved learning more about the prophet. the Spirit has always born strong testimony of him to me. Your example inspires me to learn more about him and his life.
• I really liked zone conference this week. Leading up to it, I prayed and studied all of the material I had on Joseph Smith in PMG and read multiple times JSH. I really prayed to increase my testimony of him. During the guest speaker, I felt a constant burning in my chest. I know that the prophet is true. I knew it before, but I have a firmer conviction when I now bear testimony of him. I learned a lot more about the towns and places that certain events happened. I have never studied or been interested much as to where exactly Alvin died or where the monument to Joseph Smith is. Now that I am more familiar with his history, I want to study more and know exactly what events happened where. I am going to go through the list of scriptures this week that were given to us in order to more fully develop my testimony and knowledge of Joseph Smith.

← See "Older Letters" for more!!

.